* Sheffield City Council have told us that the current private owners are in the process of selling the Old Town Hall to another private developer.
* This news has come out of the blue.
* We would welcome any positive plan to bring the Old Town Hall back into use but would of course want to see appropriate and sympathetic restoration of the exterior and interior of this historic building.
* We would like an early meeting with the prospective buyer to hear more about their plans and see if we could offer any help.
* If a sale is agree we do not assume that this would automatically resolve all the issues surrounding the future of the building.
* We will be monitoring developments closely – our petition still stands: if there is no progress then we will continue to call upon Sheffield City Council to commit to compulsory purchase to enable us to purchase it on behalf of the people of Sheffield via community share issue.