FOTH’s strategy is to seek to protect and promote the former Town Hall and Courthouse, Waingate, Sheffield and support its restoration and re-use for the benefit of the City of Sheffield, its people and the wider community; and to support the sensitive regeneration of the historic assets which surround it.
We will work with Sheffield City Council and with other organisations sharing our aims and objectives to:
- Promote and investigate potential new uses for the OTH
- Encourage appropriate restoration, maintenance and use of the OTH
- Research sources of funding that would support suitable restoration and re-use of the building and the heritage buildings around it
- Research potential organisational options for managing the restoration and re-use of the building
- Publicise the OTH to spread awareness of its condition and attract support for its restoration and re-use.
In 2015, we aim to:
- Become recognised as the lead organisation in promoting regeneration and re-use of OTH and surrounding area
- Commission an initial appraisal of potential re-uses for the building, and publish it
- Carry out an initial appraisal of regeneration potential of surrounding area undertaken
- Set up a programme of projects to illuminate the history, architectural value, and potential community value of the OTH and surrounding area.